Inceptus Energy (PTY) Ltd is a subsidiary of Inceptus Holding (Pty) Ltd. Its mandate is to provide sustainable, reliable, and cost-effective electricity to all 12 campuses of the University of Namibia. This year, in collaboration with its Joint Venture partner, Alensy Energy Solutions (Pty) Ltd, it has achieved a significant milestone in its commitment to sustainability and clean energy with the official launch of the Renewable Energy Generation Project across all 12 UNAM campuses. The launch event, held on 28 June 2023, at the Main Campus in Windhoek, marked the beginning of a new era in energy production for the institution.
Inceptus Energy (Pty) Ltd and Alensy Energy Solutions Pty Ltd have been entrusted by the University of Namibia with the following responsibilities:
- Analyzing the current electrical infrastructure.
- Analyzing the current electricity bills from the Electrical Distributor or Suppliers.
- Developing and Installing PV Solar systems.
- Acquiring the necessary regulatory information / documents and permission to submit net metering application approvals.
- Acquiring load profiles from Electrical Distributors.